Mushroom Wild Rice Bake
Wild rice is an important part of Minnesota history. This is an excellent-tasting dish and a very easy way to prepare wild rice.
Total TimePrep: 1 hour Bake: 30 min.
- 4 cups water
- 4 beef bouillon cubes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup uncooked wild rice, rinsed
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/4 cup butter
- In a large saucepan, combine the water, bouillon, garlic and wild rice; bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add long grain rice; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until the rice is tender. Stir in mushrooms and butter.
- Transfer to an ungreased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 143 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 558mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Mushroom Wild Rice Bake in Country Extra July 1999