Mushroom, Walnut & Thyme Cheesecake
Total TimePrep: 35 min. + cooling Bake: 25 min. + chilling
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 pound baby portobello mushrooms, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Assorted crackers, baguette slices or sliced apples
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a small bowl, mix bread crumbs and butter. Press onto bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place pan on baking sheet. Bake 15-17 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; cook and stir until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in walnuts; cook until toasted. Stir in thyme, soy sauce and pepper. Remove from heat; cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in yogurt. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until blended. Fold in mushroom mixture. Pour over crust. Return pan to baking sheet.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until center of cheesecake is just set and top appears dull. Cool 10 minutes on a wire rack. Loosen sides from pan with a knife. Cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove rim from pan. Serve with crackers.
Nutrition Facts1 slice (calculated without crackers): 130 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 123mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jan 6, 2017
Awesome recipe ! Made it for a friend's wedding and everyone raved about it :) Served it decorated with a cascade of fried mushrooms, big blob of creme fraiche, and fresh thyme sprigs. Word of caution though - don't freeze it as it went quite crumbly from it.
Dec 28, 2013
My mom made this for Christmas; it was well received by everyone in the crowd, even the picky eaters
Dec 26, 2013
My Mother and I made this for Christmas Eve. We actually halved the recipe as she had a small 5 inch springform pan. It worked perfectly for our size gathering. We adjusted the baking time slightly to accommodate the smaller pan. It turned out fabulously and I will definitely make it again!