Mushroom Turkey Casserole
To change up the flavor, I sometimes substitute leftover cooked chicken for the turkey and stir 1/2 cup of seedless white grapes into the mixture just before adding the topping.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 small celery rib, chopped
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- In a bowl, combine the turkey, mushrooms, soup, celery, carrot, parsley and pepper. Divide the mixture into two greased 2-cup baking dishes.
- In a small bowl, toss bread crumbs with butter. Sprinkle half over each dish. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 326 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 95mg cholesterol, 643mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 36g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3-1/2 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch.
Originally published as Mushroom Turkey Casserole in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.