To change up the flavor, I sometimes substitute leftover cooked chicken for the turkey and stir 1/2 cup of seedless white grapes into the mixture just before adding the topping.
Recommended: 65 of Our Favorite Casserole Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 small celery rib, chopped
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- In a bowl, combine the turkey, mushrooms, soup, celery, carrot, parsley and pepper. Divide the mixture into two greased 2-cup baking dishes.
- In a small bowl, toss bread crumbs with butter. Sprinkle half over each dish. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Mushroom Turkey Casserole in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p168
Reviews forMushroom Turkey Casserole
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 11, 2011
"this is a very simple recipe to make and is very tasty. I will be using this recipe again."