Mushroom Tomato-Basil Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups chopped seeded peeled plum tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, saute mushrooms and onion in butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Remove vegetables with a slotted spoon and set aside. In the same pan, combine flour and broth until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Return mushroom mixture to saucepan. Add the tomatoes, basil, sugar, salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 95 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 506mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 fat.
Jan 24, 2016
This is excellent! Even my son, who doesn't like tomatoes, devours it! I've made it many times.
Feb 21, 2011
The flavor was good, but it just didn't look very appetizing.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.