Mushroom & Swiss Pita Pizzas
Sweet Italian sausage and pitas make mini pizzas that go together fast for an easy-and tasty-weeknight meal. Kids always have fun making their own, so invite them to help! Melissa Reindl, Manitowoc, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 package (12 ounces) whole pocketless pita breads or flatbreads
- 1-1/4 cups tomato basil pasta sauce or Alfredo sauce
- 5 slices reduced-fat Swiss cheese
- 1-1/4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat 8-10 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain.
- Place pita breads on baking sheets. Spread with pasta sauce; top with cheese, mushrooms and cooked sausage. Bake 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 pizza: 579 calories, 29g fat (12g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 1413mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 31g protein.
Originally published as Mushroom Swiss Pita Pizzas in Taste of Home September/October 2014
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.