Mushroom-Swiss Lamb Chops
Looking for something fast but impressive to serve company on a busy weeknight? “These lamb chops make a really nice, last-minute meal for guests,“ notes Candy McMenamin in Lexington, South Carolina. “I pick up the ingredients on the way home from work and usually finish off the menu with a green salad and new potatoes.“
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 lamb loin chops (2-inches thick and 8 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup prepared Russian salad dressing
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- Sprinkle both sides of lamb chops with salt and pepper. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 10-15 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°).
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms in butter for 5-6 minutes or until tender. Stir in salad dressing. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half.
- Sprinkle cheese over lamb chops; broil 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve with mushroom mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 381 calories, 24g fat (10g saturated fat), 118mg cholesterol, 624mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 34g protein.
Jan 5, 2010
If you have never tried a lamb chop, you need to try this recipe. Lamb has a very mild, delicate flavor and the sauce really goes well with the meat. Serve with long grain and wild rice and a green vegetable for a great meal!