- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup water
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- Shape beef into six patties. In a large skillet, cook patties over medium-high heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or meat is no longer pink. Remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings. Saute mushrooms in drippings until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a microwave-safe bowl, combine soup and water. Cover and microwave on high for 2-1/2 to 3-1/2 minutes or until heated through. Return patties to the skillet. Stir in soup. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes.
- Top each patty with a slice of cheese. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand until cheese is melted. Serve on buns topped with mushrooms. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forMushroom Swiss Burgers
"Delicious! My husband loved it. We found it to be a little drippy so I serve it open-face on the bun."
"That sounds like a great idea for those of us who are on a low sodium diet! I already know I can get mushrooms canned without salt, but low sodium mushroom soup is still too high in sodim for me."