Hosting a party? These fancy stuffed shrimp will be a hit. From Karolee Plock of Burwell, Nebraska, they’re also a tasty main course with rice or pasta.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 12 uncooked shell-on jumbo shrimp (about 1 pound)
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 3/4 cup soft bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon reduced-fat butter
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 drops hot pepper sauce
- Peel and devein shrimp, leaving the tails on. Butterfly each shrimp along the outside curve. Open shrimp flat and place with tails up in an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, dissolve bouillon in hot water. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Spoon about 1 teaspoon onto each shrimp. Bake at 375° for 5-8 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Serve warm.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with Land O'Lakes light stick butter.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 115 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 170mg cholesterol, 353mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 19g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat.
Originally published as Stuffed Shrimp in Light & Tasty December/January 2006