Mushroom Strip Steaks
"When you want to dress up steak in a hurry, try this easy recipe," suggests Kay Riedel of Topeka, Kansas. "Bob and I enjoy the mouthwatering combination of beef, mushrooms, cheese and onion soup."—Kay Riedel, Topeka, Kansas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 boneless beef top loin steaks (8 ounces each)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed French onion soup, undiluted
- 1 jar (6 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook steaks in oil for 4-6 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Drain.
- Top each steak with the soup, mushrooms and mozzarella cheese. Cover and cook for 2-4 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
Editor's NoteTop loin steak may be labeled as strip steak, Kansas City steak, New York strip steak, ambassador steak or boneless club steak in your region.
Originally published as Mushroom Strip Steaks in Taste of Home October/November 2002
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.