"When you want to dress up steak in a hurry, try this easy recipe," suggests Kay Riedel of Topeka, Kansas. "Bob and I enjoy the mouthwatering combination of beef, mushrooms, cheese and onion soup."—Kay Riedel, Topeka, Kansas
Recommended: Our Most Over-the-Top Recipes Ever
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 boneless beef top loin steaks (8 ounces each)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed French onion soup, undiluted
- 1 jar (6 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook steaks in oil for 4-6 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Drain.
- Top each steak with the soup, mushrooms and mozzarella cheese. Cover and cook for 2-4 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Mushroom Strip Steaks in Taste of Home October/November 2002, p22
Reviews forMushroom Strip Steaks
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 30, 2014
"recipe was fine, but not outstanding. I probably won't repeat."