Mushroom Steak 'n' Linguine Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1 pound beef top round steak, cut into thin strips
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh spinach
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 3/4 cup spreadable chive and onion cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon whole milk
- 1. Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, sprinkle beef with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, saute beef in 2 teaspoons oil until tender. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. In the same pan, saute red pepper and onion in remaining oil until tender. Add mushrooms; saute 1-2 minutes longer or until tender. Add spinach and rosemary; cook and stir just until spinach is wilted. Stir in the cream cheese, sour cream and milk; heat through (do not boil).
- 3. Drain linguine; top with mushroom mixture and beef. Yield: 4 servings.
2-1/4 cups: 635 calories, 29g fat (16g saturated fat), 129mg cholesterol, 411mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 4g fiber), 38g protein.
Reviews for Mushroom Steak 'n' Linguine
"We enjoyed this recipe tremendously! I must say we didn't have trouble with the meat being tough (as others commented) but we used beef meant to use in stir frying, which is always cooked quickly. What I especially liked about it was that it was a recipe that didn't rely on name brand ingredients (except for the cream cheese) because often the name brands are not available in The Netherlands which can make an otherwise excellent-sounding recipe impossible to make. So two thumbs up from both of us!"
"Round steak should be cooked longer. It is a tough cut."
"There is no way the beef would be tender enough after just a few minutes of cooking, but the sauce sounds great!"
"This was okay, but the meat was kind of tough when it was all said and done."