Mushroom Spinach Salad with Tangy BBQ Sauce Dressing
I found this recipe in our newspaper and couldn't wait to try it. The tangy hint of barbecue sauce in the dressing makes it a big hit with my family.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 4 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 2 hard-boiled large eggs, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large salad bowl, toss the spinach, mushrooms, water chestnuts, eggs, onions and bacon. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the dressing ingredients; shake well. Drizzle over the salad; toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 120 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 126mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Mushroom Spinach Salad in Country Woman Christmas 2004
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.