Mushroom Spinach Salad with Tangy BBQ Sauce Dressing
I found this recipe in our newspaper and couldn't wait to try it. The tangy hint of barbecue sauce in the dressing makes it a big hit with my family.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 4 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 2 hard-boiled large eggs, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large salad bowl, toss the spinach, mushrooms, water chestnuts, eggs, onions and bacon. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the dressing ingredients; shake well. Drizzle over the salad; toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 120 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 126mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Mushroom Spinach Salad in Country Woman Christmas 2004