Mushroom Spinach Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing
“I love salads…especially refreshing ones that taste great!" says Michelle Bagwell of Alamosa, Colorado. "This simple salad has it all and is very adaptable. If you love bacon bits, spinach or cheese, add a little more to suit your personal taste.”
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3 cups torn iceberg lettuce
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon real bacon bits
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon prepared mustard
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients; set aside. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the dressing ingredients; shake well. Drizzle over salad; toss to coat. Serve immediately. Refrigerate any leftover dressing.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 159 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 107mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Spinach Mushroom Salad in Simple & Delicious July/August 2008
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.