- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 4 cups milk
- 1 carton (32 ounces) chicken broth
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- In a large saucepan, saute mushrooms and onions in butter until tender. Stir in flour and seasonings until blended; gradually add milk and broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in spinach. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Reviews forMushroom-Spinach Cream Soup
"Delicious soup! There's too much Italian seasoning for my taste so next time I'll cut it down by half or less, but we will loved it! I'll be making this again and again!"
"I didn't have a variety of mushrooms on hand, just white mushrooms, so I found the soup didn't have much flavour, but we liked it enough for me to make it again. I will try different mushrooms and seasonings."