Mushroom Scramble Mug
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 5 min. + standing
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 slice fat-free process American cheese product, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped tomatoes
- 1 whole wheat English muffin, split and toasted
- Lightly coat the inside of a microwave-safe mug with cooking spray. Add mushrooms, salt and pepper. Cover and microwave on high for 1 minute. Let stand 30 seconds. Drain any excess liquid.
- Add egg and egg white to mug; mix with a fork. Top with cheese and tomato. Microwave on high for 1 minute, stirring after 30 seconds. Let stand 30 seconds to allow egg to complete cooking. Serve with English muffin.
Originally published as Mushroom Scramble Mug in Taste of Home Cooking School Brand Name Cookbook Spring 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.