Here's an easy and fast side dish that we often serve when my husband grills steak. It's delicious with almost any entree, and it's ready in minutes! —Anna Stodolak, Volant, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar
- 6 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 3/4 cup salad croutons
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, saute the mushrooms, onions and garlic in oil for 3-4 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Stir in the chives, lemon juice, vinegar and sugar.
- Arrange salad greens on serving plates; top with mushroom mixture. Sprinkle with croutons and cheese.