- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 to 2-1/2 pounds boneless beef round steak (1/2 inch thick), cut into serving-size pieces
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed French onion soup, undiluted
- 1 can (8 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add beef, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat. In a large skillet, brown the beef in batches in oil. Transfer meat to a slow cooker with a slotted spoon. In a bowl, combine the soup, mushrooms, water, ketchup and Worcestershire sauce. Pour over meat. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove beef with a slotted spoon; keep warm. Transfer cooking liquid to a saucepan. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; gradually stir into cooking liquid. bring to a boil; cook and store for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir a small amount of hot liquid into sour cream. Return all to the pan; cook on low until heated through. Serve over meat. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forMushroom Round Steak
"I served this with baked potatoes. My husband piled the meat and gravy on top of his baked potato and LOVED it!"