Mushroom Romaine Salad
Tossed green salads are always a great way to complete a nice meal, and this recipe goes well with just about any main course for an elegant presentation. This medley features romaine hearts, onions and fresh mushrooms drizzled with a creamy homemade dressing that's seasoned with dried tarragon and a dash of cayenne pepper.—Kathy Green, Mahomet, Illinois
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 bunches romaine hearts, torn
- 1/4 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 4-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/2 to 2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash cayenne pepper
- In a large salad bowl, combine the romaine, mushrooms, and onions. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, cream, sugar, tarragon, salt and cayenne. Pour over salad and toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 113 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 187mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Romain and Mushroom Salad with Tarragon Dressing in Quick Cooking July/August 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.