Fresh mushrooms and a hint of wine dress up instant rice in this recipe shared by Genny Monchamp of Redding, California. The speedy side dish is an effortless accompaniment to chicken, pork or beef.
Recommended: 23 Slow Cooker Side Dishes to the Rescue
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 to 2 tablespoons butter or stick margarine
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- In a saucepan, bring water and bouillon to a boil. Stir in rice. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute mushrooms and onions in butter and wine or broth until mushrooms are tender and liquid is absorbed, about 6 minutes. Fluff rice with a fork; stir in mushroom mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Mushroom Rice Pilaf in Quick Cooking September/October 2002, p11
Reviews forMushroom Rice Pilaf
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review