Who can resist a juicy ribeye steak topped with mushrooms and onions in a rich gravy? Simply add a green salad and an impressive dinner is served.—Kathleen Hendrick, Alexandria, Kentucky
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 beef ribeye steaks (8 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 envelope brown gravy mix
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- Sprinkle steaks with seasoned salt and pepper. In a large skillet, brown steaks on both sides in oil. Transfer to an 11x7-in. baking dish.
- In the same skillet, saute onion and mushrooms until tender. Spoon over steaks. Prepare gravy mix according to package directions; stir in sour cream. Pour over steaks.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°).
Nutrition Facts1 each: 448 calories, 31g fat (13g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 1341mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 26g protein.
Originally published as Rib Eye Steaks in Reminisce Extra February 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.