- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 large eggs
- 1-1/4 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Remove from the oven; reduce heat to 375°.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute mushrooms and onions in butter until tender. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, cream and pepper. Using a slotted spoon, transfer mushrooms and onions to egg mixture. Stir in cheese and bacon.
Pour into crust. Cover edges loosely with foil. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting.
Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked quiche. To use, remove from freezer 30 minutes before baking (do not thaw). Preheat oven to 375°. Place quiche on a baking sheet; cover edge loosely with foil. Bake as directed, increasing time as necessary for a knife inserted in the center to come out clean. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forMushroom Quiche Lorraine
"This is the perfect quiche recipe. I've made many quiches in my life, but this one always gets people to say, "Wow, Sum! Yum!" I sometimes add cooked spinach, and I've used cheddar cheese and even provolone. I often use more bacon and mushrooms."
"This recipe is so good. I've made it so many times. I love that it is so easy to make."
"I used this recipe to make Quiche for the first time for Mother's Day. I modified the recipe by adding zuchinni, using cheddar instead of swiss and ham instead of bacon. I had to cook it longer than the recipe states but it was worth it and turned out great!"
"I omitted the bacon and it was still delicious. I double wrapped the edges and bottom to prevent spillage."