- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh savory or 1 teaspoon dried savory
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 425° for 10 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Remove foil; set the crust aside.
- In a skillet, saute mushrooms in butter. Remove with a slotted spoon; set aside. In a bowl, toss cheese with flour; add eggs, milk, savory, salt and pepper. Stir in mushrooms. Pour into crust. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forMushroom Quiche
"This is my go to recipe. I have adapted it for broccoli onion roasted garlic, and zuchinni onion as well. I reduced the liquid (milk) to 1 cup. However, I use part sour cream part milk. I leave out the savoury. I have changed around the cheeses now and then."
"This dish sounded good & it tasted even better! My family really enjoyed it & I plan to make it again."