Mushroom Puffs Recipe
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 tube (8 ounces) crescent roll dough
- 1. In a blender, combine the cream cheese, mushrooms, onion and hot pepper sauce; cover and process until blended. Unroll crescent dough; separate into four rectangles. Press perforations to seal. Spread mushroom mixture over dough.
- 2. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side. Cut each roll into five slices; place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 8-10 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Yield: 20 appetizers.
3 each: 54 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 132mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Mushroom Puffs
"I used Fresh Mushrooms~ Sorry about that."
"Gobbled up quickly every time!"
"eh.... it was alright.... but I doubt I'd make it again.... maybe fresh mushrooms would have been a better choice."
"These are excellent I make them all the time for family gatherings. They are so easy to make."
"These are even better if you use fresh mushrooms and stems, chope them yourself, marinate in a little amount of olive oil, salt and pepper - or what ever your favorite seasoning is"
"This was very good and easy. Everyone loved them."
"This was tasty to be so easy!"