Mushroom Prosciutto Pasta Recipe
- 4 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 10 thin slices prosciutto, chopped
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the mushrooms and onion in butter until tender. Add prosciutto; saute for 3 minutes.
- 2. In a bowl, combine the cornstarch and cream until smooth; stir into the skillet. Add parsley and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Drain pasta; add to the skillet and stir to coat. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1-2/3 cups: 622 calories, 38g fat (22g saturated fat), 144mg cholesterol, 622mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 19g protein.
Reviews for Mushroom Prosciutto Pasta
"Ooohhhhhhhh my goodness! This recipe is DELICIOUS! The sauce is creamy and absorbs the mushroom and prosciutto flavor wonderfully! I literally made an account just to rate this heavenly recipe. Yum! Definitely adding it to the weekly dinners."
"this is wonderful as written. Have made it several times and have added shrimp too. Tonight I added artichoke hearts and chicken - yummy"
"This was absolutely amazing! Just preparing this dish tantalized the senses. The aroma filled the house, drawing my extremely picky husband into the kitchen repeatedly, inquiring when dinner would be ready. I was pleased at the simplicity of this recipe, the availability of the ingredients (I had everything on hand except the prosciutto) and the ease of preparation. I followed the recipe and changed nada thing.My husband suggested using chicken breast instead of the prosciutto for a change of pace although I preferred the recipe as shown.This recipe is easy to prepare and delicious!!"
"I have already made this recipe twice. I used rotini instead of penne pasta and it was delicious."