Mushroom lovers will tingle with excitement when they see this tender, slow-cooked roast. My recipe calls for a 1/2-pound of fresh sliced mushrooms along with onion, garlic and other seasonings and ingredients.
Recommended: 45 Recipes for Mushroom Lovers
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups water
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- 4 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- Sprinkle beef with garlic powder and pepper. In a Dutch oven over medium-high heat, brown meat in oil on all sides. Add the water, onion, celery, garlic, bouillon and bay leaves; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- Add mushrooms. Cover and simmer 30 minutes longer or until meat is tender. Discard bay leaves. Thicken cooking liquid if desired; serve with beef. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Mushroom Pot Roast in Country Extra May 2008, p49
Reviews forMushroom Pot Roast
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 23, 2013
"This is sooooo good!"