Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 1 pork tenderloin (about 1 pound)
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 to 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cold water
- Hot cooked rice
- Rub pork on all sides with garlic; sprinkle with paprika. In a large skillet, brown the pork in butter. Add the mushrooms, lemon juice, marjoram, salt and pepper. Turn meat to coat with seasonings. Cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Remove meat and keep warm.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour and cold water until smooth; stir into the pan juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Slice the pork; serve with gravy and rice.
Sep 28, 2015
I used thin sliced pork because I had it on hand. Instead of rubbing it with garlic I used garlic powder. It was fast and easy to make but really lacked flavor. I didn't think it tasted bad but I don't think I'll make it again. My husband said it was very bland and got out the bbq sauce to dip it in. I liked it for something easy to make but it was definitely missing something.
Oct 12, 2014
Easy to make, even on a work night. Good basic flavors that no one at your table should object to. I also used garlic powder instead of fresh like another reviewer. Make the seasonings adjustments you need to so it's just right for your family. I had to double the recipe to feed a family of 5, 3 of whom are guys!
Dec 9, 2012
This was alright but not really amazing. I served it over potatoes and the family sort of picked at it. When I asked my husband what he thought he said it was good but they'd been spoiled by better recipes. I think I agree with him.
Nov 12, 2012
Great taste. I use some pork loin so I ended up having to slice it to finish cooking it but it was moist and tender.
May 23, 2012
a favorite for my husband!
Jun 30, 2011
I've made this dish more times than I can count and it's absolutely delicious! The only modification I made was that I used garlic powder instead of fresh garlic, since I didn't have fresh garlic on hand. Just sprinkled the garlic powder on the meat and rubbed it in, along with the paprika. Yum, yum! The final results couldn't be more tasty!! It's easy to prepare and doesn't take long to cook. I highly recommend this dish. My only complaint is that I'm so disorganized, every time I want to prepare this delicious dish, I can never find the recipe and have to look it up on this website. My bad!
Feb 21, 2011
I used this on pork steak and used noodles instead of rice. Very tasty.
Sep 29, 2010
My family loves this pork tenderloin recipe. The only changes I make are doubling the seasonings and adding chicken broth at the end to create a gravy. Otherwise their isn't much sauce once it's done cooking
Jul 18, 2010
My family loves this recipe. I've made it many times over the years.
Sep 16, 2009
I have made this pork tenderloin several times, and it is delicious. It's truly one of my favorites! Only change I make is that I use garlic powder instead of a garlic clove.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.