Mushroom Polenta Appetizers
Mushroom lovers will fall for this appetizer which has the flavor of Stroganoff. When I can't find tubes of prepared polenta, I make instant polenta according to package directions and cut out pieces with cookie cutters.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 2 tubes (1 pound each) polenta, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallot
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Place polenta on greased baking sheets; brush with oil. Bake at 425° for 15-20 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms and shallot in butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the wine, parsley and thyme; cook and stir until liquid is evaporated. Add cream; cook and stir until thickened. Stir in cheese.
- Top each slice of polenta with a rounded tablespoon of mushroom mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 75 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 146mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.