Mushroom Pizza Loaf
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup Italian tomato sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato sauce, mushrooms, paprika, garlic salt, oregano and pepper.
- Unroll pizza dough onto a greased baking sheet; roll into a 15x12-in. rectangle. Spoon meat mixture down the center of rectangle; sprinkle with cheeses.
- On each long side, cut 1-in.-wide strips about 2-1/2 in. into center. Starting at one end, fold alternating strips at an angle across filling. Pinch ends to seal. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled unsliced pizza loaf in heavy-duty foil. To use, remove from freezer 30 minutes before reheating. Remove from foil and reheat loaf on a greased baking sheet in a preheated 325° oven until heated through.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nov 7, 2011
I didn't take the time to crisscross the crust, but it was still great!
Oct 22, 2010
Easy to make. I used 1/2 pound of ground beef and then about 15 pepperonis. One thing though, make sure the meat mix is cool when you add it to the bread dough or it will make a hole in it.
Oct 20, 2010
I did it with Italian sausage and chopped pepperoni, pizza sauce, black olices,and Italian blend cheese. This could be change a lot of ways. YUM YUM Thnaks for the recipe.
Oct 20, 2010
amanda...this looks so good..! i am from Garner, Iowa...