Mushroom Pimiento Salad
For a unique twist on a marinated vegetable salad, try this recipe from Sally Hook of Houston, Texas. Green onions and celery blend with pimientos and mushrooms in a simple dressing.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 2 cups sliced celery
- 2 jars (2 ounces each) diced pimientos, drained
- 3 hard-boiled large egg whites, chopped
- 3 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- Lettuce leaves
- In a large bowl, combine the mushrooms, celery, pimientos, egg whites and onions. In a blender, combine the oil, vinegar, sugar, garlic and seasonings; cover and process until blended. Drizzle over vegetables and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Serve in a lettuce-lined bowl.
Originally published as Mushroom Pimiento Salad in Quick Cooking May/June 2001
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.