After trying something similar in a restaurant, Virginia Trent created this creamy, three-mushroom pasta entree at home. “The first time I served it, my husband couldn’t stop raving about it.”—Virginia Trent, Dayton, New Jersey
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 6 ounces uncooked penne pasta
- 1/2 pound baby portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 ounces fresh oyster mushrooms, sliced
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons sherry or additional broth
- 1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, cook portobello mushrooms in butter and oil for 3 minutes. Add oyster mushrooms and onions; cook 3-4 minutes longer or until mushrooms are almost tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Add broth. Bring to a boil; boil for 2 minutes. Combine flour and half-and-half until smooth; stir into skillet. Add sherry. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Drain the pasta and stir into mushroom mixture; heat through. Sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 224 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 175mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein.
Originally published as Creamy Mushroom Pasta Medley in 1-2-3 Meal Planner
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.