After trying something similar in a restaurant, Virginia Trent created this creamy, three-mushroom pasta entree at home. “The first time I served it, my husband couldn’t stop raving about it.”—Virginia Trent, Dayton, New Jersey
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 6 ounces uncooked penne pasta
- 1/2 pound baby portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 ounces fresh oyster mushrooms, sliced
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons sherry or additional broth
- 1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, cook portobello mushrooms in butter and oil for 3 minutes. Add oyster mushrooms and onions; cook 3-4 minutes longer or until mushrooms are almost tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Add broth. Bring to a boil; boil for 2 minutes. Combine flour and half-and-half until smooth; stir into skillet. Add sherry. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Drain the pasta and stir into mushroom mixture; heat through. Sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 224 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 175mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.