Mushroom Pasta Sauce Recipe
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans (110-3/4 ounces each) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 2 cans (7 ounces each) pizza sauce
- 1 can (8 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes; cool. Transfer to freezer bags or containers. Freeze for up to 3 months.
- 2. To use frozen sauce: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Heat and serve. Yield: about 7 cups.
To use frozen sauce: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Heat and serve.
3/4 cup: 249 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2266mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 7g fiber), 7g protein.