Mushroom Pasta Carbonara Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups uncooked mostaccioli
- 8 bacon strips, diced
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) whole mushrooms, drained
- 3/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 6 to 8 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1. Cook mostaccioli according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels to drain. Brown mushrooms in drippings; remove to paper towels. Drain drippings from pan.
- 3. Add the cream, butter, parsley, garlic, pepper sauce and salt if desired to the skillet; cook and stir over medium heat until butter is melted. Drain mostaccioli; add to cream mixture. Stir in the bacon, mushrooms and cheese; heat through. Remove from the heat. Sprinkle with green onions. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/4 cups: 632 calories, 43g fat (21g saturated fat), 99mg cholesterol, 731mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 18g protein.
Reviews for Mushroom Pasta Carbonara
"My family absolutely loves this. I actually use more than the 6-8 drop of hot sauce to give it a little more kick and I add diced chicken to it also. Thank you for sharing."
"Make this all the time. Big family favorite!"
"Terrific recipe but it needs the addition of some fresh basil, rosemary or tarragon. I also use fat free 1/2 and 1/2 with some chicken broth. I liked someone's idea for using kielbasa. And, it is not carbonara without bacon. That flavor and texture is essential. : )"
"pretty good would make again but make a little more sauce it was a little dry"
"This was a huge hit at our house. My husband said he'd eat it every night. I used seasoned grated parmesan - basil & sun-dried tomato - instead of plain parmesan."
"I left out the bacon, but still, I didn't think this was very tasty. I wasn't digging the intense onion-y flavor and besides that it was kinda plain. Don't think I'll make it again. (It was very easy to make though!)"
"My wife and I both loved this. The only thing we changed was to use fresh baby Bella mushrooms instead of jarred. Mmmmmmmm.........."
"Made this tonight. Absolutely delicious. Didn't make any changes other than using entire box of penne pasta and added a bit more cream, butter, garlic, and cheese. Next time, I will try it with fat free half and half and less butter to make it a little more healthy. This would be good with grilled chicken as many others suggest. Restaurant quality taste in my opinion."
"very good pasta, I made one change I used sliced fresh mushrooms instead just because I prefer their flavor in pastas and I had some I wanted to use"