Mushroom Party Puffs
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 36 medium fresh mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup finely shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 large egg whites
- Remove and discard mushroom stems. In a skillet, saute mushroom caps in butter. In a bowl, combine mayonnaise, cheese, mustard, parsley and onion powder. Beat egg whites until stiff; fold into mayonnaise mixture. Spoon into mushroom caps. Place in an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 450° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
Editor's NoteReduced-fat or fat-free mayonnaise may not be substituted for regular mayonnaise in this recipe.
Reduced-fat or fat-free mayonnaise is not recommended for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 172 calories, 16g fat (4g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 232mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Feb 25, 2010
These are wonderful. They are very easy to prepare. I have made them for several years and always get rave reviews! They are great as an appetizer or a wonderful side dish.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.