- 36 medium fresh mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup finely shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 large egg whites
- Remove and discard mushroom stems. In a skillet, saute mushroom caps in butter. In a bowl, combine mayonnaise, cheese, mustard, parsley and onion powder. Beat egg whites until stiff; fold into mayonnaise mixture. Spoon into mushroom caps. Place in an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 450° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews forMushroom Party Puffs
"These are wonderful. They are very easy to prepare. I have made them for several years and always get rave reviews! They are great as an appetizer or a wonderful side dish."