Mushroom Oven Omelet
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 6 large eggs
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup real bacon bits
- In a small skillet, saute mushrooms in butter until tender; drain. In a bowl, combine the flour, eggs, milk and pepper until smooth. Stir in 1 cup cheese, bacon and mushrooms. Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until eggs are completely set.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 401 calories, 29g fat (16g saturated fat), 392mg cholesterol, 868mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 27g protein.
Sep 1, 2012
I've made this omelet several times now. Quick, Easy, Delicious. Instead of bacon, I add about a cup of diced ham. Wonderful!! Unable to click on stars since no stars appeared, but would rate this a definite *10*.
Feb 13, 2012
I have made this recipe a number of times and we always enjoy it. Quick and easy! I just tried making this gluten-free by using gluten-free all-purpose flour instead of regular. It turned out fine. It's excellent with baby bella mushrooms -- very flavorful!
Aug 12, 2011
This is an excellent recipe that my whole family loves! Even my picky kids will eat it!!
Apr 11, 2008
When making - put in two different dishes one with mushrooms and one with out mushrooms
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.