If you're looking for an entree that can be served for breakfast, lunch or dinner, try this recipe from Barbara Nowakowski of North Tonawanda, New York. Her versatile egg bake picks up flavor from cheese, mushrooms and bacon.
Recommended: 30 Breakfast Recipes Ready in 30 Minutes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 6 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup real bacon bits
- In a small skillet, saute mushrooms in butter until tender; drain. In a bowl, combine the flour, eggs, milk and pepper until smooth. Stir in 1 cup cheese, bacon and mushrooms. Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until eggs are completely set. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Mushroom Oven Omelet in Quick Cooking January/February 2005, p56
Reviews forMushroom Oven Omelet
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 12, 2011
"This is an excellent recipe that my whole family loves! Even my picky kids will eat it!!"
Reviewed Apr. 11, 2008
"When making - put in two different dishes one with mushrooms and one with out mushrooms"