Mushroom Olive Bruschetta
Total TimePrep: 40 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 1-3/4 cups sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 anchovy fillet
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup finely chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped pitted green olives
- 1/4 cup chopped ripe olives
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 24 slices French bread baguette (1/2 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, saute mushrooms, onion and anchovy in oil until vegetables are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from the heat. Stir in the tomatoes, olives, capers, thyme, basil, oregano and pepper.
- Place bread slices on an ungreased baking sheet. Brush with butter; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake at 375° until lightly browned, 8-9 minutes. With a slotted spoon, top each slice with 1 tablespoon mushroom mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 appetizer: 44 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 127mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Aug 13, 2019
Love this because you can make the topping early and then just top the bread when guests arrive - except i ate a lot of the filling before it got to the bread - amazing