- 1/4 pound fresh mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 package (8 ounces) braunschweiger
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green onion
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Minced fresh parsley
- In a skillet, saute mushrooms in butter until tender. Remove from the heat. stir in the braunschweiger, sour cream, onion, mustard and cayenne; mix well. Press into a 1-1/2 cups bowl lined with plastic wrap. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Invert onto a plate; garnish with parsley. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
Reviews forMushroom Liver Pate
"I needed a simple liver paté for a beef Wellington recipe, and this fit the bill! I left out the mushrooms because of the recipe I was making, but they'd be great with this. Super easy and tasty. Refrigerate overnight to really let the flavors develop. I had plenty leftover, so I've been enjoying it with various crackers."