Mushroom Lamb Chops
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 40 min.
- 6 blade lamb chops (about 3 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) beef consomme, undiluted
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 can (4 ounces) button mushrooms, drained
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Hot cooked noodles
- In a large skillet, brown the chops in oil; drain. Sprinkle with thyme, salt and pepper. Add celery, onions and consomme; cover and simmer for 40-45 minutes or until meat is tender.
- Remove chops and keep warm. Combine flour and water until smooth; gradually stir into skillet and bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add mushrooms and parsley; heat through. Serve over chops and noodles.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 339 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 131mg cholesterol, 705mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 45g protein.
Jan 21, 2015
I made this recipe years ago and it was outstanding. I recently looked it up to make it again tomorrow!
Feb 17, 2009
I have made this recipe for years only I use pork chops instead of lamb and no mushrooms because my family doesn't like them. This is our all-time favorite recipe. My daughter requests it every time she comes home from college.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.