Mushroom Lamb Chops
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 40 min.
- 6 blade lamb chops (about 3 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) beef consomme, undiluted
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 can (4 ounces) button mushrooms, drained
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Hot cooked noodles
- In a large skillet, brown the chops in oil; drain. Sprinkle with thyme, salt and pepper. Add celery, onions and consomme; cover and simmer for 40-45 minutes or until meat is tender.
- Remove chops and keep warm. Combine flour and water until smooth; gradually stir into skillet and bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add mushrooms and parsley; heat through. Serve over chops and noodles.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 339 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 131mg cholesterol, 705mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 45g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 21, 2015
I made this recipe years ago and it was outstanding. I recently looked it up to make it again tomorrow!
Feb 17, 2009
I have made this recipe for years only I use pork chops instead of lamb and no mushrooms because my family doesn't like them. This is our all-time favorite recipe. My daughter requests it every time she comes home from college.