Mushroom Haddock Loaf
In Sioux City, Iowa, Craig Brown has a creative way to use up cooked fish. He stirs together this savory loaf that tastes much like tuna casserole. "I've made it often for family and friends, and they all enjoy it," he notes.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 55 min.
- 1-1/2 cups crushed saltines (about 45 crackers)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushrooms soup, undiluted
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 drops hot pepper sauce
- 2 cups flaked cooked haddock
- In a bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, soup, eggs, milk, onion, lemon juice and pepper sauce; mix well. Add the haddock. Press into a greased 8x4-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Nutrition Facts1 pound: 171 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 97mg cholesterol, 604mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 12g protein.
Originally published as Mushroom Haddock Loaf in Quick Cooking March/April 2002
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.