Mushroom Ground Beef
"My husband and I work full-time off the farm, so I'm always looking for quick recipes that don't need much attention," says Janice Miller of Creston, Iowa. "Our three girls really like this beef and gravy combination." You'll like the cost - only 70 cents per patty.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 egg
- 1-3/4 cups milk, divided
- 2 cups crushed cornflakes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- In a large bowl, combine egg, 1/2 cup milk, cornflakes and onion. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into eight patties.
- In a large skillet, cook patties over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine soup and remaining milk until blended. Pour over patties. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 337 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 91mg cholesterol, 537mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 25g protein.
Originally published as Mushroom Beef Patties in Quick Cooking May/June 2002
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.