In Duluth, Georgia, Mary Buhl dresses up green beans and mushrooms in a snap. She sparks the fresh taste of the veggies with a simple combination of lemon juice and Dijon mustard.
Recommended: 17 Ways to Love Green Beans
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/4 pounds fresh green beans
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 5 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place beans in a steamer basket. Place in a saucepan over 1 in. of water; bring to a boil. Cover and steam for 7-8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute mushrooms in oil for 5-7 minutes or until tender. Drain beans; add mushrooms. In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice, mustard, salt and pepper. Drizzle over vegetables and toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Mushroom Green Beans in Quick Cooking September/October 2002, p37
Reviews forMushroom Green Beans
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 4, 2013
"Family loved this!"