Mushroom Fried Rice Recipe
- 1 teaspoon plus 2 tablespoons sesame oil, divided
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 small onions, finely chopped
- 6 medium fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 4 cups cold cooked rice
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- Optional ingredients: Chinese-style mustard, duck sauce and additional soy sauce
- 1. In a large skillet, heat 1 teaspoon sesame oil over medium-high heat. Add eggs to skillet. Cook and stir until set. Remove to a plate; set aside.
- 2. In the same skillet, heat canola oil and remaining sesame oil. Saute onions and mushrooms for 2-3 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Add garlic and ginger; saute 1-2 minutes longer.
- 3. Stir in the rice, peas, soy sauce, salt and pepper. Chop egg into small pieces; stir into skillet and heat through. Stir in green onions. Serve with mustard, duck sauce and additional soy sauce if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Mushroom Fried Rice
"This is the best fried rice! It is as good as any Chinese Restaurant we have eaten in. I like to serve this with the Asian chicken Thighs from the TOH sight."
"OMG--I can't find enough words to say just how easy to prepare and how delicious this recipe is! I followed the recipe as is except for one small change--my husband does not like ginger, so I left it out. My husband had three helpings and told me to hang on to this recipe because it's a keeper. I couldn't agree more!"