Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min.
Makesabout 4 dozen
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon water
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth; stir in flour. Cover and refrigerate dough for at least 1 hour. Meanwhile, in a skillet or saucepan over medium heat, saute mushrooms and onion in butter until tender. Remove from the heat. Add cream cheese, salt, thyme and pepper; stir until cheese is melted. Cool to room temperature. On a floured surface, roll dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut into 3-in. circles. Combine egg and water; lightly brush edges of circles. Place about 1 teaspoon of filling in center of each circle. Fold over; seal edges. Brush with egg mixture. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 185 calories, 14g fat (9g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 209mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Dec 1, 2012
These are delicious albeit more time consuming than it said. I'm thinking about using store bought crescent rolls the next time as a trial.
Oct 7, 2011
Deliscious! A little time consuming to put together, but worth the outcome. Good flavor, even people who do not like mushrooms liked these!
Jun 27, 2010
This version of muchroom turnovers is ok but a little bland tasting, it needs some umph, garlic, spices something to liven it up a little.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.