Mushroom Chicken Piccata
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 12 ounces baby portabello mushrooms, quartered
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 medium lemon
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- Flatten chicken breasts to 1/8-in. thickness. Season with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium heat. Cook chicken 2-3 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Transfer to a platter; keep warm.
- In the same skillet, heat the remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add a single layer of mushrooms and cook, without stirring, about 5 minutes or until mushrooms become red-brown on one side. Turn mushrooms, add garlic and cook another 2 minutes. Add wine. Loosen browned bits from pan bottom. Bring to a boil: stir in broth and bring back to a boil. Slice 4 thin slices from lemon and juice remaining lemon. Add lemon slices and juice to skillet. Stir in capers and continue cooking until mixture thickens. Add chicken to sauce; heat through.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 18, 2014
I used just about the same receipe that came on the box of shiitake mushrooms I had purchased. Only difference was the type of mushrooms and to also add the juice of the capers. I couldn't believe how easy and good it was. Really quick dinner. Served it with brown rice and peas.
May 15, 2014
Excellent dish! My husband prepared it and it was delicious!! Definitely a keeper recipe... YUM!
Feb 9, 2011
I make Chicken Piccata (Lemon Chicken) all the time, but adding the mushrooms was just the perfect touch.