Mushroom Chicken Florentine
Here’s a simple way to prepare an elegant dish. Rich flavors of portobello mushrooms, fresh spinach and herbes de Provence make a delicious backdrop for the succulent chicken.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon herbes de Provence
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1-3/4 cups sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 6 cups fresh spinach
- Hot cooked egg noodles
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the soup, wine, sour cream and herbes de Provence. Stir in chicken and mushrooms. Fold in spinach. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender. Serve with noodles.
Editor's NoteLook for herbes de Provence in the spice aisle.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups (calculated without noodles): 347 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 117mg cholesterol, 672mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 38g protein.
Originally published as Slow Cooker Chicken Florentine in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes 2012