Mushroom Cheesecake Appetizers
I’m a fan of both cheesecake and mushrooms, so I decided to pair the two in a savory appetizer. The individual cakes are rich and satisfying—great for tiding over hungry guests.
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 carton (8 ounces) whipped cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh thyme or 2 teaspoons dried thyme, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded fontina cheese
- 1/2 pound sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Toasted French bread baguette slices
- Grease the bottoms and halfway up the sides of muffin cups with butter. Press bread crumbs onto the bottoms and halfway up the sides of prepared cups.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in the eggs, sour cream, 1 tablespoon thyme, salt and pepper. Divide among prepared muffin cups; sprinkle with fontina cheese and remaining thyme. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until set.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms in butter until tender. Add garlic; saute 1 minute longer. Top cheesecakes with mushroom mixture. Serve with baguette slices.
Originally published as Savory Mushroom Thyme Mini Cheesecakes Appetizer in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2013
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.