Mushroom Cheese Mini Cups
If you're looking for a finger food with mass appeal, look no further than these mini cups. They are loaded with onion, mushrooms and cheese...your guests will love them.—Lynn Severns, Carnegie, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 pound finely chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 slices white bread, crusts removed
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- In a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in oil until tender. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in the cheeses, parsley, egg yolks, Italian seasoning and salt. Set aside.
- Flatten bread with a rolling pin; cut each slice into four pieces. Place butter in a shallow dish; dip both sides of bread in butter, then press into ungreased miniature muffin cups. Spoon mushroom filling into cups, about 1 tablespoon in each.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 52 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 106mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat.
Originally published as Mushroom Cheese Mini Cups in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.