If you're looking for a finger food with mass appeal, look no further than these mini cups. They are loaded with onion, mushrooms and cheese...your guests will love them.—Lynn Severns, Carnegie, Pennsylvania
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 pound finely chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 slices white bread, crusts removed
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- In a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in oil until tender. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in the cheeses, parsley, egg yolks, Italian seasoning and salt. Set aside.
- Flatten bread with a rolling pin; cut each slice into four pieces. Place butter in a shallow dish; dip both sides of bread in butter, then press into ungreased miniature muffin cups. Spoon mushroom filling into cups, about 1 tablespoon in each.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 32 appetizers.
Originally published as Mushroom Cheese Mini Cups in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2011, p16